Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Liebster Award

Good Morning!
This is going to be a bit different for me, I was fortunate enough to have two lovely bloggers nominate me for the Liebster Award... Corrie and Livia ,Thank you so much ladies! 

If you are not aware, a Liebster Award is a way of getting other bloggers known, shared and generally getting the word out about them, if they have under 500 followers.

A few simple rules apply - 
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you
2. Answer the 11 questions given to you
3. Nominate 11 other followers with less than 500 followers
4. Post 11 questions for your nominees to answer
5.Tag your nominees & post a comment on their blog to let them know you nominated them

My Questions from Livia.
1. How often do you blog? Have you set any specific days?
I do not have a schedule, although I think/talk a lot about starting to schedule my material.
2. When you have to buy a new makeup product do you search online for reviews or you just trust your own instinct?
I have actually always just made impulse purchases, and it has worked for me. I have been paying more attention to reviews the older I get, and pay attention to what I am putting on my skin...
3. In which store you prefer to shop for makeup?
ULTA, Beauty Bar (online), or Nordstroms
4. Which is your favorite mascara?
Maybeline- Great lash. Yes, the pink and green tube is the BEST mascara of all time.
5. Which is your favorite shade of lipstick?
Light Pink
6. When did you first start doing makeup?
I was actually not allowed to wear any facial makeup,other than mascara until I was around 15-16, my mom taught me the appreciation of natural beauty and showcasing on that. So, to answer the question, like 2 years, and I do not wear powder or foundation, still.
7. Which is your favorite makeup brand?
Toss up between Chanel, or Bobbi Brown.
8. If you could choose to live somewhere, where would it be?
New York or Seattle.
9. How long have you been blogging?
Just past my One year mark.
10. What camera do you use to take pictures for your blog?
Lol, my Iphone or our Nikon... nothing fancy. Yes, I do know it is essential to invest in a quality camera.
11. Whats is the thing you like the most about blogging?
At first, it was my own little space, my own little world, all for me- Now, I have met so many new friends and continue, how could I stop :)

Here are my questions from Corrie:
1.What was the first brand of make-up you really started to love?
Chanel was my first purchase, make-up wise.

2. What inspired you to start your blog?
I had followed fashion and lifestyle blogs for quite some time (3-4 years), I had just started a new job and a (now close) co-worker encouraged me to go for it when I mentioned that I was interested in starting one.
3.Lipstick or Lip gloss?
Lipstick
4. If you could go anywhere, where would it be and why?
I would love to go to Mexico City, my husband grew up there and I would love to be able to experience the busy city-life there and see where my husband grew up.

5. What are your 3 "cant live without" products?
LOccitane- Almond Shower Oil
Aveda- Blue Malva Conditioner
Kevyn Aucoin- Precision eyebrow pencil -brunette
6.What was your first piece of high end make-up?
Again, my Chanel blush and bronzer
7. Date night or Day out together?
Both, I spend as much time with my hubby and daughter as possible. We both work full-time, so our weekends together are all day and night.

8. What is the worst beauty product you have ever bought?
Any "BB cream". Seriously, since I do not wear powder or foundation I thought it would be beneficial... all that happened was, my face broke out and I was greasier than a hamburger grill.

9. Beauty, Fashion or Lifestyle? What's your favorite to blog about?I am more of a lifestyle-esque blog maybe with fashion and beauty mixed in. If I had more time in the day, I would totes be more fashion/beauty based. 
10. Flats or Heels?
I am 5'10, so flats. I will rock the hell out of some heels, when the mood strikes.

11. How often do you hit the shops for new make-up?
Well, I am less than 2 minutes from an Ulta, so I try hard to refrain daily lol, so maybe once every two weeks...


The Followers I nominate are:

1- Sarah-Here you Me
4 -Caitlyn-Laidback Lifestyle
6- Bianca-Ditsy Sprinkle
7- Jasmine-Jasmine & Sean
8- Adrianne-Peace. Love. Paris.
10- Megan Leigh-Megan Leigh

11- Jennifer-Lovely Little Fawn

My Questions for you ladies are:

1. What is the purpose behind the name of your blog?
2. What made you take the leap in starting up your blog?
3.Tell me one thing interesting about yourself.
4. What is your favorite movie?
5. What is your favorite beauty product?
6. Have you ever had a traumatic beauty disaster?
7. Do you have any pets? If so, how many?
8. What would your dream vacation be?
9. Do you blog full time, have a full-time and blog on the side?
10. Who is your fashion inspiration?
11. How serious do you take yourself?


Make sure to comment when you have posted so I can come check it out :)

Happy Followings!
Chat Soon-



4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for responding, so fun to read!:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pleasure to read your answers! I understand the part of not being allowed to wear the makeup you like, because in my highschool they wouldn't let the girls put on more than mascara and a very natural lipstick.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the nomination; you're so kind! I'm so excited to get reading your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there Brittney! :) Sorry I just got back to you.. Thank you so much for the nomination and it's nice to 'meet' you! <3 Gonna answer your questions asap! :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete