Tuesday, January 14, 2014

It's a FAKE...

So, I have been without my wedding set for almost 24 hours now... I am going batty!
 6.00 ring...




It started Sunday, my mom had gone to upgrade her center diamond and called to tell me three of her prongs were missing... she was lucky she had not lost a diamond. That trigger a fear inside to check my own precious ring. So I soaked my ring in baking soda and dawn, gave it a scrub and poked it with a toothpick... SOME DIAMONDS WERE MOVING! 

Now, it has been on my to-do list for 4 years to get my rings together.. so I dropped it off yesterday to be: Re-dipped ,solder my rings together, diamonds tightened.

When I dropped it off she let me know that I was lucky to have brought it in when I did, but she also reminded me that when I pick my ring up that it will be a "brand new ring". I cannot wait! She also offered the knowledge up to me that I could "trade- in" my ring... it seems like a great deal...I would essentially be able to get a ring double the size of mine for the value of my ring subtracted.  I smiled and thought for two seconds, hmm, great deal. Then I looked at her and said, no thank you, I will never, ever trade my ring it. It means too much to me. She looked at my ring and told me she does not see many rings like mine anymore.

And you know what, you don't. I have had more elderly women compliment my ring, than I have ever had a woman my age. It is very classic style and I love it dearly. I had a patient,years ago, in his 80's, tell me if his wife were around she would appreciate my ring, it was her style, but she had passed away. I thought that was incredibly sweet that my ring was able to trigger a sweet memory :)

I typically do not take my ring off for any reason, I feel incomplete and even had to buy a cheap-o ring to keep from panicking when I cannot feel it.I get my ring back in two days, Thursday on lunch I will go to pick it up... I am so excited.

1 comment:

  1. I have worn a ring my boyfriend gave me for 3 years now and even when I take it off to shower I feel weird without it. I can't imagine not having it for days.

    Angi@ cantbuymelovvve.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete