Friday, August 30, 2013

Love Talk

Hey there-

It is later in the day and I was carousing my Bloglovin list for the day... I cam across a post, that instantly put tears in my eyes. In a feel good way.

Erin, over at Sweetness Itself has made a post that I hope she does not mind I take some snippet's of.
She was speaking more in general about the turn our future generations are taking, and the corners being cut  through relationships, love, marriage.

She had posted this video, and I would love to share the of Fred for his wife Lorraine, here.



This made me extremely emotional! It could be hormones, or that typically I am an extremely emotional person, but the love you hear, in his voice for his one and only love of 75 years is amazing. 
See, I am madly in love with my husband, we are mushy and lovey-dovey and that has not really changed in the last 6 or 7 years... BUT,we still fight, bicker, I might even nag him a lot... who doesn't? That is what relationships are about, work. 

"Love is not a feeling, it is a choice."

You have to choose every morning, lunch time, and evening, to love your spouse. I guess after a while, you do realize how much of a team you are, how wonderful it feels to reach another milestone, check another "to-do" off of your lists, and undoubtedly, work you butt off to find that happy medium. If the two of you do not agree on something, work for it, or let it go. 

Please - do not think I am qualified to give marital advice, but I can say that I love my husband and step-daughter with every bit of my being. I know that sometimes, life will throw curve balls or success ... Either way, it can be hard work, the most rewarding "hard work" EVER. I did not, nor do I have the D word in my vocabulary. I feel like Cesar and I are a match made in heaven... he is my best friend, the person I vent to, my go-to pick-me-upper, advise giver, ever.

I am really looking forward to this three day weekend and spending this time with my family.
I hope you all have a wonderful Memorial day weekend! Enjoy this time..alone, with friends, or your loved ones, either way... Enjoy..

Chat soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment